I have been very busy with the bag. I think I have "unsewn" as many seams as I have sewn!! I can't believe how much work it is. But I think that now that I have made one I will make at least one more. I can't imagine anyone making 6 or 7 or them!!! (fingers pointing across the world to Australia -LOL)
Here is the completed outside. The green is still not photographing the right colour, even without a flash. I decided to make the little ties for the side pockets out of fabric instead of using the purple covered elastic that I had bought. I also ran out of the Pellon and used a bit of very thin iron on batting for a couple of the pockets. It worked out okay for the pockets but I can see that you wouldn't want to use batting for the whole bag as it would be way to thick. Some of the seams have 6 layers in them.
Here is the inside of the bag, completed and basted in place, waiting for the last section to be sewn on to it. I have finished the top zipper section and I will sew that in place today. I had ordered 2 yards of light cream butterfly fabric for the lining when I ordered the purple butterfly fabric, but when I got them I found that the lining was not light cream and it was not a good match for the bag - so I bought this light blue. So I wonder when I figure out how much this bag cost me if I should add up the stuff I bought and didn't use as well - LOL Although it all goes into the stash. Well if I finish it this morning I can head out and get some more Pellon for my next one!!! I was thinking you could actually make one a bit scrappy with some co-ordinating Moda or Amy Butler fabrics - so the inside pockets were all different --- oh no I hope I don't get addicted to these things.