Thursday, January 29, 2015

Another year!




 2014 is over - thank goodness!  I can't say it was my favourite year!  I am hoping for a great 2015. 



My new ankle is a year old now.  It is working quite well except for an annoying pain in my Posterior Tibial Tendon. I got a steroid shot a couple of weeks ago. 


I have been doing a bit of quilting - quite a bit actually. 

Lots of updates. 


Hunter has graduated from Kindergarten in June and started Grade One in September of 2014 




Jim and I made a couple of trips to Calgary to see the grand kids. 



I made a couple of Mariners Compass cushions for the boat. 



I've been doing a bit of quilting. 


I put my  "Morris Garden by the Lake" quilt top together at Loon Lake retreat in November. 



When I brought it home I discovered it was very wavy and wonky. All those half square triangles were not playing nice. So I took it apart - row by row - block by block - and resquared each block and starched and ironed the blocks and put it back together.  It looks much better now. These photos were taken before the reconstruction.  I still have the border to put on and then I will send it out to be quilted. 


I put my Kaffe Fasset Dresden Plate quilt top together. I used solid grey fabric for the blocks so I could have some interesting quilting in the "negative space". Look at how modern I have become!  Haha. 


I made Phoenix a little quilt for her doll bed for Christmas. It is the same fabric as the quilt I made for her a few years ago.  Pretty cute - with the little pillows!  

And ----

Meet Lilly

She is a little kitty we got for Christmas from Eric and Jessica. 


She is quite a lovely little cat.  Friendly and social. A bit of a hooligan though!  Which from what I can tell that's just cats!  Haha. 

I will try to blog a bit more this year I think. We have not had a great 2014 but we did get out on the boat for a total of 8 weeks and we had a great time on the boat.  

So I will try to post a few of the photos from the boat trip last summer. I hope to blog again soon. 





6 comments:

  1. It is great to see you back, Pam!

    www.silverthimble.can

    silverthimble@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've managed to keep busy. Love projects you have completed. Oh Pam, so sorry to read that 2014 was not a good year for you! Here's to the best that 2015 has to offer! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pleased to see you return................2014 was not the best year for many people.............on to a bigger and better 2015.........OMG Hunter has grown............lots of beautiful sewing too..........not sure if I would have been good enough to pull that quilt apart and put it back together...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Look who's posted some news. 2014 was a bittersweet year with good and difficult times added to the diary of life...adding a sweet kitty to the good column is very nice, even if she's a bit of a hooligan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 am

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool kitty!

    ReplyDelete