Thursday, October 18, 2007
Seven True things about Jim
Suze has tagged me to write seven true things about myself. I did this meme once quite awhile ago so I thought - after a week in Oregon with Jim I would do it about Jim. Hopefully that is okay - and Jim will not see this post anyway - LOL
1. When Jim walks he kind of lists off to the right, so when I walk with him I always have to walk on his left or he bumps into me as we walk.
2. When ever we go to MacDonald's Jim orders a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese - no fries and no drink. Because he doesn't eat fries or need a drink - then he eats half my fries and half my drink. So now I super size my fries and just put half of them in his hamburger box. It has taken me 10 years to figure that one out.
3. When we travel by car he announces the price of the diesel at each gas station we pass by. I know the cost of diesel from B.C all the way to Arizona!
4. Every morning for breakfast Jim has an apple and 2 pieces of cheese. For the first 13 years of our marriage he had Shredded wheat and bran and then he decided he needed protein and switched to the apple and cheese. When we travel we buy apples and cheese and take them along for breakfast. We take a package of coffee filters (for the small hotel coffee pots) and coffee beans and our coffee grinder and Jim makes coffee before I get up each morning.
5. When we travel we usually pack a small lunch to eat along the road but if we are not able to do that we will go to MacDonald's. Once we went to Jack in the Box - because I really wanted to try it. But we never go to Wendy's or Arby's or Taco Time/Bell, KFC, or anywhere else but MacDonald's -- and we all know what Jim orders at MacDonald's.
6. When Jim is driving the car he will point up at the sky at some bird -- "Looks there is a blue winged sap sucker - see you can tell that's what it is because of the red dot under the left eye" I never see birds flying when I drive the car --- when I drive I look at the road!!
7. Jim loves fossils and good beer. In Oregon we were able to find a great beach full of fossils -- Moolack Beach near Newport. We have 143 pictures just to prove it - LOL. And the best IPA he's had in Oregon -- Pelican Brewpub near Cape Kiwanda.