Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Six weird things about me
I have been tagged by Susan to tell six weird things about me -- I've been thinking about it all night, although thankfully it hasn't kept me lying awake! I'm not sure if I can come up with six things - or maybe once I start I can come up with hundreds of weird things.
1. When we go travelling I like to buy little items (above picture) but when I bring them home I never even take them out of the bags. I have no idea why. I still have a lovely little pewter box with a starfish that I bought in Nova Scotia in 1999 still in the box in the bag in my sewing room. Istill have pens I bought at Harrods in London in 1992 in the Harrods bag in my dresser! The stuff I buy for the kids as gifts I give to them right away but the rest I just store away. This picture is stuff I bought for myself on our trip to Arizona last April. I hauled it out of the closet to take a picture and them put it back in the closet. Now that's weird.
2. I love to eat oranges more than any other food, if I had to chose between an orange and any other food I would chose the orange.
3. I have never worn makeup. I tried to use it a couple of times but I could never get the hang of it and so I just never did it. I still have the only blush someone gave me back in about 1980. I also don't use face cream or hand cream although I do like it and also like to collect nice smelling hand cream and keep it in bathroom, but I take that out of the bag.
4. I had laser eye surgery in 1997 and still quite often, I forget that I don't have glasses on and go to rub my eye under my glasses.
5. I am left handed and I have a terrible time remembering which is left and right and give very bad directions because of it. Never ask me which way to turn to go somewhere. One day I felt so bad because I told this carload of girls to take the left lane to go over the Lions Gate Bridge and as I saw them drive off to North Vancouver in the left lane I realized that it was the RIGHT lane they should be in! I still worry they never found their way back.
6. I am not completely tone deaf but pretty close to it. I can't tell the difference between any notes. I know when the American Idol singers are really bad but I have no idea when they are out of tune, off pitch etc. Most songs I don't recognize until they have at least sung the title of the song. Drives my pretty musical family crazy. Middle son Eric is my partner in this. But I know the TV trivia - so I make up for it when Jim doesn't know what actor/actress he is watching and I know who they are, the last movies/shows they have been in, who they are married to, who their children are and where they are from.
Well that wasn't too bad. Now I should tag someone. There is a new blogger out there -- Wendy, I will tag her, and I will tag TJ if she has time before heading off to Grandma duty, and Bettsy.