This is the closet from Ikea that is Andrew's room. It had a couple of metal rack shelves and a bar to hang his clothes. The plan was to turn this into a cupboard for my fabric. As we begin the transformation from "Andrew Bedroom" to "Pam's sewing and computer room"
We went to Ikea yesterday and bought the parts -- a couple of solid shelves, a couple of basket drawers and one wooden drawer.
Here is Jim working away on the wooden drawer. It has taken a while to get the process started because Jim's surgery. I think he did a bit too much today - but he insisted on finishing it. He is not really able to do to much with his right arm yet - so the bulk of the work today was done with his left arm. We still have a lot of furniture to move around and I think it will be a few months before we can get it completely finished. I think a weekend of both boys coming over and doing the major furniture moving will be required to get the sewing room completely set up.
And here is the final result. A new cupboard for my fabric - in my sewing room.
I started putting fabric in the cupboard tonight. The cool thing about the drawer is I can put all my fat quarters in it -- all lined up like at the quilt shops -- I can see everything, look through the fabric, fondle it -- just like at the quilt shop. I am quite happy with the way it turned out.
There is alot more left to do - but this is a start.