Friday, October 03, 2008

It is so nice to travel but there is no place like home!

Well - it was a nice week. Relaxing and restful - although I worked Monday and Tuesday and they were very busy days - the weather at the beginning of the week was sunny and warm.

We started off the week going for a lovely walk through Lighthouse Park. One of our favourite places in the Vancouver area to go for a walk. There are still 500 year old cedar trees growing there. And there are many paths that wind along the park - through the Forest and along the ocean. It is only a 15 minute drive from our house so we are pretty lucky.



I have posted a few Lighthouse Park pictures before - it is such a great place to take pictures. I don't know if I have any pictures of the really big trees. It was a good walk - we did about 1 hour of steady walking and 1 hour of looking -LOL. Good for the soul!!




Most of the tomatoes we grew this year were eaten by the neighbours as they ripened while we were in the Yukon. Apparently they enjoyed them thoroughly -LOL. This week there were a few tomatoes left on the pathetic looking plants. The tomatoes are really sweet this year. I made a Tomatoe and Basil Pie that I found the link for on Carole's blog. Very, very tasty -- thank you Carole. And it was two meals!!



And I started so sewing - I am making myself a "Professional bag" like the bag I made for Jessica for the baby. I am moving right along with it. It has been so long since I made the last one that it is like starting over again. I cut all the fabric out before summer and never got to it - and so now I bought some other fabric in Red Deer when I was visiting Anna - that I like better then this fabric - oh no! I might have to make another. But I really like this fabric now that I am actually sewing it together.



I am starting to make my way around the blogs again -- it is nice to catch up on everyone. Although I accidentally clicked on "Mark all as read" in my Google Reader - it then said "Are you sure" and for some reason I wasn't clear what I was doing - and said Yes!! Anyway I guess it will be a new beginning for blog reading - LOL

All in all it was a good week. Now I am going for lunch with my friend from UBC - who I haven't seen since May.
Have a great weekend.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful Place Pam!, Delicious Pie!, and Great Work with the Professional Bag! After a hard and Hard week I´m seeing Your Blog Again! Hugs! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures from your walk are wonderful! Thank you for sharing those. Vancouver is one place I want to visit -- one of these years I may actually make it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to hike! Don't sweat about blogs, I've come to the conclusion that it's suppose to be relaxing, which was not what it was for me. So now I read and enjoy when I have time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie looks yummy! Thanks for sharing your hike wiht us, it's gorgeous there, I just love lighthouses. The tote will be fantastic, I've seen a few around that friends have made and I love them; haven't made one yet, though. Have a great week, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that pie looks scrumptious! I know what you mean about starting over with blog reading. I was off for a few weeks with computer problems and the number of missed posts was so astronomically high, it seems like I'll never catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Pam,
    I'm back! Now I have more free time, the Quilting Day is over and so I have more time to come and visit!

    it's right "Home sweet home".
    Beautiful the landscapes you saw during your trip.

    How is little Hunter now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place, lovely pictures. I love it when you take us along on your hike. That pie looks very tasty. Don't you have the problem that the tomatoes make the pie soggy? I have some ideas for bags but I haven't found time to make them yet. Yours is looking great, I love the fabric with the birds and you even put in a zipper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 500 year old cedar trees, I wonder what the craft work was in those days, Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how blue that bit of water is in the top picture! Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete