Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A very busy weekend for Jim

Well - it was a busy weekend for me as well. I attended my all day "Quilting by the Bay" retreat on Saturday - from 9 AM to 10 PM. I really enjoy the days I can go to "QBTB" as I am not always able to attend. It is such a fun day - we get a nice snack in the morning - a great lunch and supper - a glass of wine or two and a day spent chatting with all my "Quilting Peeps" AND do a bit of sewing. I was able to get caught up on my Fat Quarter Shop BOM blocks. It is amazing how much stuff I haul off to these events and all I really needed is those five BOM blocks and my machine!!

There were a few "newbies" at QBTB this time and one of the newbies has an Etsy shop and a blog -- Patchwork Pottery She brought some cool items for sale - which for some reason I completely missed - but I did check out her Etsy shop and her blog and it is well worth the visit. And she blogged about QBTB -- and there is a picture of me on her blog! And I already ordered something from her Etsy shop.

While I was away this weekend - at QBTB and then I worked on Sunday and Monday - Jim decided to surprise me with a new shelving unit for my sewing room!



He also removed the stereo unit from my sewing area and relocated it to the computer side of the room!!


But -- I came home to a very big - hmmm - mess would be the word I'd use. He had to move a lot of things around to take out the stereo and install the new shelves. He bought new pullout drawers for the old shelving unit as well. So he took all my fabric out of the shelves and put it on my table - back in on the shelves in big piles and on my cutting table.



I have been busy today working on reorganizing my sewing room -- thanks to my thoughtful husband who realized I was having a bit of a creative crisis and decided he wanted to help. Isn't he wonderful.

I think the reorganizing is going to take a bit of time. I now have twice the shelving space -- all of the shelves are easy to see pull out shelves. But I am not sure how I want to organize the shelves -- what fabric should go with what and on what shelf. I should be an interesting week!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Wow Pam, I love the new fabric storage, it looks sensational. You do have some reorganising ahead of you, but you'll love it when you're all done.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shelves look great but I think it will be a while before you have everything organized the way you want to. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Jim gets done with your shelves, would he mind coming down to do some for me? I can see new job possibilities opening up for Jim all across quilt blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful hubby!! And it just helps move you faster to organizing your area now :) I can't wait to see pictures of how you put your fabric away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's going to be a huge time saver when everything is shelved and organized! You're lucky to have a handy and supportive husband, can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! It may mean some work right now while you get everything organized, but just think how much time you'll save in the future when everything is so well organized! Lucky you -- what a great husband you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam.......
    Hunter is so cute. In the first picture it seems like he's thinking about something while he is looking at the camera.

    Jim is a treasure and your sewing room will be perfect in few days.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam,
    How nice for you- what a terrific thing Jim did - I am sure that you are going to love it when you get it all organized. I bet you discover a few pieces of fabric that you have forgotten about...
    Enjoy your new digs- it will be a great sewing space.
    I will go and check out the picture now...
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shelves look wonderful. What a thoughtful and handy hubby you have! Have fun organizing!!!

    ReplyDelete