While Jim worked on the window I spent the day working away on my African quilt.
I have a bit of a plan. I have made 5 - 12 inch blocks with the Dancing Mama's and then I have 11 - 12 inch blocks that are the black and African fabric. I was thinking that I would make just the 16 blocks. I will see how it looks up on the design wall when finished. I have only a small amount of the black fabric - that is my limitation right now.
Each Dancing Mama block is a little unique and put together differently - to equal 12 inches finished. I think that will give it a bit of a "funky" look. The other blocks are all the same. The African fabric is quite difficult to work with - it really stretches and moves around. No real straight edge or salvage - very loose weave.
And a couple of days ago the quilt shop had more African fabric - so I bought three more 1/2 metre pieces. I am not including this in my quilt though as I am pretty much finished cutting out my blocks and such.
And I also made a teddy bear yesterday. Picture to follow -- but I wasn't too happy with the pattern - it is much bigger than what I wanted. So I have not decide what I will do with it yet.
So all in all it was a good day -- but very quiet in blogland. Have a good weekend :)))