Thursday, August 17, 2006

What I am working on right now

I got the fabric and the pattern for this pin cushion/bag at the Quilting by the Bay retreat that I was at in June. I just finised making it last week. It sits perfectly on the arm of the sofa for my hand stitching (Dear Jane) projects. I have just a few more minutes to finish up the binding on the fish quilt. And I am then going to start on putting the sleeves on the two quilts I am going to put in the Quilt show --- Sept 15-17.
This is also a small table runner that I started at the Quilt by the Bay. I got the pattern out of a recent Quilting magazine - can't remember which on right now. It also has applique flowers and leaves etc on each side and an outer border.

I was planning to do the Sunshine Quilts -- "Quilt for an Hour" challenge but when the instructions came out I had just started back to work - doing a bunch of 12 hour shifts in a row and was not able to start with everybody else. Once every two weeks I do most of my shifts in a big clump and then have a bunch of days off in a row. And with the wedding and vacations -- Arizona and Calgary -- I have hardly been working for the past two months -- so I guess my time of leisure had finally come to an end.

I finished my last shift this morning I have slept most of the day. So now that I am so far behind with the quilt for an hour project -- and I really want to start a very scrappy quilt - one where I just take fabric from my stash (which is in piles all over my little room) and I just sew together -- half square triangles or something. So I think for my quilt for an hour I am going to pick a quilt pattern from Bonnie's scrappy quilt patterns and start tomorrow--- or maybe tonight as I am awake now. I do like the pattern that JudyL has picked out but I will save it for another time. I have picked out some fabric from my stash that I will use for that quilt. Maybe I may start it as well -- but the fabric that I have chosen needs to be washed and I need a background fabric to go with it -- which requires some shopping. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment