Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dear Jane


I got my Dear Jane book and CD in the mail yesterday. I started the first block today - A-1 - I'm not sure exactly what I am doing!!! I printed off a pattern on freezer paper and I thought I would hand piece the blocks with the freezer paper on the wrong side of the fabric and use the edge of the freezer paper as a sewing line -- NOT! So I have put a sewing line along the edge of the freezer paper and removed the paper. Boy these pieces are tiny! I think I will be 80 by the time I finish this. It has taken me most of the day to half finish the first block - although I am getting better with the hand stitching. I spent the other half of the day making shrimp tarts for some meeting Jim (DH) has at work tomorrow. So between the Dear Jane and Shrimp tarts I never even stepped foot outside - except to feed the Pheasant (Phineaus). Better get back to the Dear Jane - hopefully I can finish this block tonight while I watch American Idol! (You know the old saying - Simple things for Simple People) Although the Canucks are playing and winning right now so that is priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment