Monday, March 20, 2006

Heart table runner


Here is the Heart table runner that I am going to finish up for Jessica and Ben's wedding in June. I am quite surprised at how much of a formal wedding she is planning. I never thought of her as being one to go for a traditional wedding. She is busy planning place cards and table settings and little gift baskets for the guests. Her theme is red and white -- strawberries and hearts, red carpets and white archways with flowers. I was going through my fat quarter packages looking for fabric for the Dear Jane quilt and I came across this package from Feb 2005. It had a little pattern included for this table runner so I decided to make it up for the wedding. It could go on the head table or even on the food table. Hopefully she likes it and it goes with everything else she's planning. It's more of a country looking table runner -- not terribly formal looking. Her wedding cake is going to be three tiers of white iced cupcakes with strawberries cut in the shape of hearts. So this goes with the theme. Her and Ben are busy doing the invitations and they sound really lovely. Ben is such a nice, caring, hardworking, thoughtful person. I can see he really loves Jessica. They live in Calgary - so I don't get to see them very often. She is doing most of the planning for the decorations from Calgary and we are planning the dinner from here. It won't be too big of a wedding 50-60 people I think. It is supposed to be an outdoor wedding so I am hoping the weather is good for the June. The reception will be in the little village hall so I guess if it rains we will move the wedding - the arch- the red carpet (Cardinal red --Pope ready red!) into the little hall. This is my only daughter (two sons follow) so I am starting to get a little anxious about the wedding but ----- I think as the time gets closer I will get a little more anxious and feel a little more stressed. Right now I'm not quite there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment