Friday, February 17, 2006

Fall Seminar

Every other year my Quilt Guild has what we call a Fall Seminar. The guild has had some wonderful and well known teachers over the past years. (Jane Sassaman, Ruth McDowell, M'Liss Rae Hawley, to name a few). This last seminar I took this workshop from Sandi Cummings. It was a two day workshop.

So now I have the blocks I created at the workshop sitting on my design wall - wondering what will become of them. I quite like these four - I am not as fussed on the blue/black and pink ones. These blocks are 6 inch blocks and the strip is left over fabric from making the block. It is quite the interesting process to create the blocks. Lots of sewing and cutting up the pieces and then sewing them back together again - cutting them up and then sewing them back together again. I am hoping to make a few more of these blocks and turn it into a small wall hanging. If I don't hurry up and make more I'm sure I will forget how I made these!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment