Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day


I had to work Valentines day so we had our dinner on the weekend. Jim always prepares a nice meal that he has spent all day planning, shopping and cooking. Unfortunately the only course I took a picture of was the appetizer (after a few had already been consumed) This is endive with crab and shrimp and green aioli whip. He usually does quite the meal -- we had beef tenderloin with chantrelle/merlot au jus ( he makes up little menus like the special sheet at a restaurant) It was a lovely meal - as always.

My favorite valentines meal is still the dinner of 1998. It was a wonderful dinner. I worked all day but it was a Saturday so Jim did the meal while I was at work - so I didn't really watch the process. He had the table all set when I came home from work. He had even enlisted Andrew to serve the wine. He had brought up a little TV from downstairs and set it up on the corner of the table and the Canadian Women's curling team won the Gold Medal in Nagano while we ate dinner!! How wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good enough to eat! My husband always fixes dinner, we had beef tenderloin also this year. It was excellent!

    ReplyDelete