Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ohhh - More Fabric


A quick trip to the LQS - just for a look around and I bought a bit of Japanese themed fabric. Some of it is part of a kit to make a table runner. I have something for table runners right now. I just love the dragonflies on this fabric.

I had a little glitch in the Christmas stocking making project. I discovered that the piping I bought is not going to work on the stockings --- so back to the fabric store for more piping. I am going to head out tomorrow to Fabricana - it is a great big store and should have a nice assortment of Christmas trims and decoration. I have never been to the Fabricana before - so it will be a bit of an adventure. If I can't find what I am looking for there I will go to the DressSew in downtown Vancouver. It is a great store for trims and ribbons and whatnots.

A bit of news about my poor husband. He has been complaining about a painful right shoulder for a few years now -- comes and goes, mostly bad at night. Of course in true good wife fashion I have had sympathy - but mostly ignored his complaints. He complains and then goes out on a big ladder with big piece of machinery and cuts the hedge, I figure - no wonder he hurts. Anyway he has been seeing a doctor and has been getting physio for his shoulder. He finally had an MRI this month ( I even forgot that he was going to go for an MRI as it was back in February that it was ordered) Poor guy - went to see the doctor about the results of the MRI on Thursday and it seems that the only fix for him is surgery! I was quite surprised. Seems he has a badly torn rotater cuff - and he's not even a baseball player! So I guess we will see what happens from here. I think there is a fairly long waiting list for most orthopedic surgery. Hopefully he doesn't have to wait too very long. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric, and I'm with you, I love the dragonflies on it! Hope you husband does well with his surgery.
    Angie
    www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics! What fun to have a look around the shop. I hope you find the trim you need before you look around too much! =)

    Sorry about your husband's shoulder. I was just telling my husband, a minute before I read your post, that he doesn't complain enough about his shoulder pain and I forget about it! We have friends who come across the border in NH for medical care, because the waits are so long in their part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics! What fun to have a look around the shop. I hope you find the trim you need before you look around too much! =)

    Sorry about your husband's shoulder. I was just telling my husband, a minute before I read your post, that he doesn't complain enough about his shoulder pain and I forget about it! We have friends who come across the border in NH for medical care, because the waits are so long in their part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh! That fabric is just rich and beautiful, I love it!

    My problem is getting DH to go to the doctor when he's hurting! There's only so much you can do! Hopefully they can get him patched up soon. My office mate just had surgery for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Japanese fabrics Pam - something special in mind?

    ReplyDelete